V-Day = Me Day Giveaway
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”). A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. Except as otherwise expressly provided herein, all monetary amounts herein are calculated in Canadian dollars.
3. The Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are legal residents or permanent residents of Canada or the 50 United States or the District of Columbia of the U.S.A. (excluding Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico) and who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry, except the directors, officers, agents and employees of Reitmans (Canada) Limited (the owner of the “Addition Elle” division) and all of its affiliated and associated entities and divisions (collectively, “Reitmans”), their respective advertising and promotional agencies and all members of their respective immediate families living in the same household and any other persons with whom they are domiciled. For greater certainty, it is understood that individuals who are minors in their jurisdiction of residence are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
4. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant accepts the terms and conditions of these Sweepstakes rules and regulations (the “Rules”) and agrees to be bound by them. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
5. The Sweepstakes offer will be open online only at the Addition Elle Instagram page (the “Instagram Page”), the whole as more fully set forth below in Section 6, from February 9, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. (Eastern time) to February 14, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern time) (the “Entry Deadline”).
6. In order to enter for a chance to win the one (1) Prize (defined below), each entrant must, by the Entry Deadline: (i) go online and log-on to Instagram; (ii) follow the Instagram Page if he or she hasn’t done so already; (iii) click on the V-Day = Me-Day post on the Instagram Page feed (the “Contest Post”); and (iv) add a comment in the comments section of the Contest Post and tag one (1) friend (the “Comment”).
7. Reitmans reserves the right to disqualify any entrant whose Comment contains, whether in whole or in part, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, profane, lewd, violent, illegal, fraudulent, graphic or vulgar content, slander, nudity, violates any other party’s proprietary rights, promotes hatred, otherwise gives rise to a criminal offence or civil liability on the part of any person or entity, or that is otherwise unlawful or in contravention of applicable laws and regulations or of the terms and conditions of Instagram or is otherwise deemed by Reitmans, in its sole and absolute discretion, to be offensive or inappropriate or inconsistent with the spirit or theme of the Contest or with the Reitmans brand.
8. ALL ELIGIBLE ENTRIES (COMMENTS) FOR THE SWEEPSTAKES MUST BE RECEIVED BY ADDITION ELLE BY THE ENTRY DEADLINE, AND MUST COMPLY WITH THE TERMS HEREOF. ONLY ONE (1) ENTRY PER ENTRANT IS PERMITTED. All additional entries will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Reitmans. Any entries by third parties, or generated by a script, macro or by any other automated means whatsoever (including, without limitation, any electronic, robotic or computer automated or automatic contest entry program, tool, service, script, bot, macro, system or software, whether commercially developed or otherwise), or that contain typographical errors, are altered, tampered with, incomplete, inaccurate, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with the Rules, will be considered null and void and will cause the disqualification of such entrant from the Sweepstakes. Repeated violations of the foregoing may render such entrant ineligible for future sweepstakes, contests or promotions offered by Addition Elle and/or Reitmans. Odds of winning the Prize will vary depending on the number of eligible entries received by the Entry Deadline.
9. One (1) prize (the “Prize”) will be awarded consisting of one (1) bra and matching panty set from the Ashley Graham “Everyday Sexy Essentials” collection having a maximum retail value of one hundred dollars ($100.00) (plus applicable tax) (the “Chosen Set”). The Sweepstakes will have one (1) Prize winner (the “Prize Winner”) in total. The actual total retail value of the Prize will vary depending on the actual retail value of the Chosen Set.
10. For purposes of awarding the Prize, one (1) random draw will be conducted at the head offices of Addition Elle in Montréal, Québec on February 19, 2018 at approximately 9:30 a.m. (Eastern time) (the “Draw Date”), in order to select the Prize Winner from among all of the eligible entries received by the Entry Deadline.
11. For the purposes of claiming his or her Prize, the Prize Winner will be contacted by e-mail within five (5) business days of the Draw Date (the “Claim Date”). If the Prize Winner cannot be reached by the Claim Date for any reason whatsoever, such Prize Winner will be disqualified and deemed to have forfeited his or her Prize without any prize replacement, reimbursement or substitution of any kind whatsoever and in such circumstances, Addition Elle may decide, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select an alternate Prize Winner by a random draw conducted by Addition Elle until such time as contact is made by e-mail with such newly selected Prize Winner. Addition Elle will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact any potential winner for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation if any e-mail communication is unsuccessful, not returned or returned as undeliverable. If all or part of the Prize cannot be awarded to the Prize Winner due to actions or circumstances beyond the control of Addition Elle, Addition Elle may decide, in its sole and absolute discretion, to award a substitute prize (or substitute prizes) of equal or greater retail value.
12. Addition Elle reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of the Prize Winner or any entrant. The Prize Winner must comply with the Rules and correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question (without the assistance of another person or mechanical device) (the “Skill-Testing Question”) included as part of the Release (defined below) and/or administered by a representative of Addition Elle during a pre-arranged, mutually convenient telephone call and/or as otherwise may be provided by Addition Elle. In addition to the foregoing and in order to be eligible to receive the Prize awarded hereunder, the Prize Winner must execute (and notarize if required under applicable law) a full release and affidavit of eligibility in a form to be provided by Addition Elle which, inter alia, relieves Reitmans from any and all liability for injury associated with the Prize or any component thereof awarded to the Prize Winner, as well as satisfy any and all laws and regulations and other criteria required by the Prize Winner’s state, province or territory of residence (the “Release”), and for U.S. residents, a publicity release, where legal, and an IRS form W-9, where applicable. Should the Prize Winner not comply with the Rules, decline his or her Prize or any part thereof for any reason whatsoever, not claim his or her Prize by the applicable Claim Date, incorrectly answer a Skill-Testing Question, not execute the Release or otherwise fail to satisfy any requirement contained herein, Reitmans will have no further obligation to such Prize Winner and may decide, at Reitmans’ sole and absolute discretion, to select an alternate Prize Winner as set forth in Section 11, in which case the terms and conditions of Section 11, Section 12 and Section 13 herein will apply mutatis mutandis to such newly selected Prize Winner, and/or award a substitute prize (or substitute prizes) of equal or greater retail value.
13. The Prize Winner will be entitled to be awarded his or her Prize on the date on which the eligibility qualifications of such Prize Winner have been satisfied in accordance with Section 12 herein (the “Award Date”). Addition Elle will contact the Prize Winner in order for him or her to select the Chosen Set within five (5) business days of the Award Date (the “Selection Date”) and the Prize will be sent to the Prize Winner by registered mail or courier to the address provided by such Prize Winner (a signed acknowledgment of receipt at the delivery location will be required) within five (5) business days following the Selection Date. Reitmans reserves the right to modify, in its sole and absolute discretion, the method of delivery of the Prize or any component thereof to the Prize Winner in the event that delivery as described in this Section 13 is not possible due to any cause beyond the control of Reitmans. The name of the Prize Winner may appear on the Addition Elle web page at https://www.additionelle.com/ (the “Website”), the Addition Elle Facebook page (the “Fan Page”), and/or any other Addition Elle and/or Reitmans online social networking and media marketing web pages for no less than thirty (30) days following the Award Date.
14. No cash, product substitution or prize equivalent will be permitted. The Prize cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other contest or offer. The Prize must be accepted as is, and cannot be redeemed for cash, prepaid cards or gift cards of any kind, in whole or in part. No component of the Prize may be returned after delivery. No rain checks will be provided. No refund or compensation of any costs or expenses incurred by the Prize Winner will be made. Choices of styles, sizes, colours applicable to the Chosen Set are subject to availability at participating Addition Elle stores across Canada and the United States (the “Stores”). The Prize Winner will not be entitled to receive the balance representing the difference between the Chosen Set’s maximum retail value and the Chosen Set’s actual retail value, whether in cash, prepaid cards, or gift cards of any kind.
15. If, by reason of a typographical or other error, more Prizes are claimed than the number set forth in the Rules, all individuals making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random draw to award the advertised number of Prizes available. No more than one (1) Prize will be awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes.
17. Except as otherwise provided herein, all expenses related or incidental to the receipt and use of the Prize, including any and all surcharges, taxes (federal, provincial and local), and travel or transportation costs (whether ground, air or otherwise), including between the Prize Winner’s residence and any Store, will be the sole responsibility of such Prize Winner. Reitmans reserves the right to withhold and remit to the appropriate taxing authorities the amount of any taxes due. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all fees, costs and expenses of any kind whatsoever not specifically stated herein to be the responsibility of Reitmans, will be the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. Reitmans reserves the right to conduct background checks on entrants. The Prize and every component thereof is non-refundable, non-transferable and may not be reissued or revalidated in whole or in part.
18. Reitmans will not be responsible for lost, stolen, mutilated, late, misdirected or ineligible entries that may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes. Reitmans will not be responsible under any conditions whatsoever for any problems or technical malfunctions relating to the Sweepstakes, for any printing or typographical errors or problems in connection with any Sweepstakes-related materials, or for any computer, online, human or technical malfunctions that may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, including problems with the Sweepstakes Page, any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Reitmans on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or downloading any Sweepstakes-related materials.
19. Subject to a contrary ruling by the Régie (defined below), if for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to (i) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, technical malfunctions or any other causes corrupting or affecting the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (ii) insufficient entries, or (iii) any other cause beyond the control of Reitmans, Reitmans reserves the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to disqualify an individual and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part and/or modify the Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Reitmans reserves the right to prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANYONE TO DAMAGE OR DISRUPT THE CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL BE CONSIDERED A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, REITMANS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
20. In the event of any dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, entries will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted during entry, but only if she meets all other eligibility criteria contained in the Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Prize Winner may be required to provide Addition Elle and/or Reitmans with proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry, or forfeit his or her Prize.
21. All entrants assume all liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Sweepstakes, or the use or misuse of the Prize granted herein, including any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, costs, actions and causes of action with respect to the Prize (including without limitation, in connection with travel, if applicable). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, by entering the Sweepstakes, entrants release and forever discharge Reitmans and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, advisors, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, licensees, franchisees, advertising and promotion agencies, successors and assigns from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, costs, actions and causes of action of any kind whatsoever arising in connection with the Sweepstakes or resulting from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of the Prize granted herein or any other prize that may be awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
22. It is each entrant’s sole responsibility to notify Addition Elle in writing at the address indicated above if he or she changes his or her telephone number, e-mail or mailing address or other contact information. All corrections to the contact information of an entrant must be received by the applicable Entry Deadline.
23. To the extent permitted by applicable law, if any of the terms of the Rules are or become invalid, are ruled illegal by the Régie or any court of competent jurisdiction or are deemed unenforceable under then current applicable law, it is the intention of the parties hereto that the remainder of the Rules will not be affected thereby and will remain in full force and effect.
24. For Québec entrants, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
25. For an additional set of the Rules and/or the Sweepstakes winner’s name, visit the Website or send a written request by self-addressed, stamped envelope (ensure that sufficient postage is included), (i) in Canada to Reitmans (Canada) Limited, 250 Sauvé Street West, Montréal, Québec H3L 1Z2; ATTENTION: Addition Elle Customer Service, and (ii) in the U.S.A., to Reitmans US Holdings LLC, c/o Reitmans (Canada) Limited, 250 Sauvé Street West, Montréal, Québec H3L 1Z2; ATTENTION: Addition Elle Customer Service.