Sign in to check your status
Don't have a password?
Create an online account
to check your status
Not a member?
1. The following terms and conditions (collectively, the "Terms") describe and govern the Addition Elle VIP Program (the "Program"). These Terms replace and take precedence over any previous terms and conditions associated with previous Addition Elle reward programs. These Terms and the Program shall be effective as of September 1st, 2012.
2. The Program is a customer rewards program offered by Reitmans (Canada) Ltd. ("Reitmans") only through its Addition Elle division ("Addition Elle") to Addition Elle customers purchasing merchandise from Addition Elle stores (the "Stores" or each individually a "Store") and/or the vip.additionelle.com (the "Website"). Participation in the Program will allow customers to earn rewards based on the pre-tax, pre-shipping and postdiscount amount of their purchases. Once certain purchase thresholds are met by a customer s/he will receive rewards certificates offering dollar value savings which may be applied to future purchases of Addition Elle merchandise.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
3. Membership is free and no initial purchase is required in order to become a Member.
4. Customers wishing to become Members in the Program must fill out and submit (accurately, completely and legibly) a Program application form available at any Store location or online through the Website at vip.additionelle.com Membership in the Program is open to all individuals who have reached the age of majority in the country, state, province or territory in which they reside or who have obtained the consent of their parent or legal guardian.
5. A customer whose application has been received, processed and approved by Addition Elle (the "Member") will then be issued a unique Addition Elle VIP Program Membership Account Number (the "Account"). Customers completing their application in store will be issued a card (the "VIP Card"). The Account will be registered in the name of the individual Member. It is only that individual Member who may benefit from the use of the VIP Card registered in his/her name.
6. The VIP Card is not a debit, credit or prepaid gift card and has no cash or surrender value. The VIP Card remains the property of Addition Elle and may be unilaterally revoked at any time by Addition Elle in its sole discretion. Addition Elle reserves the right to revoke a VIP Card in the event of breach of these Terms by a Member, misuse or abuse of the Program by a Member, fraud, and/or any other action deemed by Addition Elle to be contrary to the Program or the interests of its Members.
7. Members must provide accurate information. Addition Elle shall not be liable for misdirected email or mail communications, including any notices under these Terms or any consequences thereof where a Member's information is inaccurate or no longer valid. Addition Elle may contact a Member if it believes that some of its records concerning that Member are inaccurate. Addition Elle reserves the right to cancel any Account for which incomplete or inaccurate information has been provided, and all Points redemptions on that Account may be blocked and any Points awarded may be forfeited. Addition Elle reserves the right to refuse issuance of an Account to any person who does.
EARNING VIP POINTS AND REWARD CERTIFICATES
8. Membership in the Program entitles a Member to earn Addition Elle VIP Points ("Points") at a rate of one (1) Point per net dollar spent by such Member on all in-store or online purchases of Addition Elle merchandise (after rebates and returns (see paragraph 12), before taxes, shipping and handling, and except for any "Bonus Points" that may be accumulated during certain designated events (see paragraph 15(b)) made during the 12-month period between September 1st to August 31st of any given calendar year (the "Program Year"). POINTS ARE CUMULATIVE, BUT POINTS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN REDEEMED IN ANY PROGRAM YEAR WILL EXPIRE ON AUGUST 31st OF SUCH PROGRAM YEAR. POINT BALANCES ARE THEREFORE RESET TO ZERO ON SEPTEMBER 1st OF EVERY YEAR. MEMBERS MUST PRESENT THEIR VIP CARD IN-STORE IN ORDER TO ACCUMULATE POINTS AND BENEFIT FROM THE PROGRAM.
9. Once a Member reaches certain Point thresholds within the Program Year, the Member will be entitled to receive the following Addition Elle reward certificates redeemable at any Store location:
- A $15 reward once a Member has reached 250 reward points;
- A $40 reward once a Member has reached 750 reward points and automatic Platinum VIP status
- A $70 reward once a Member has reached 1,250 reward points.
10. Points have no cash value and are not exchangeable for cash. Points may not be assigned, exchanged, transferred, purchased, sold or given away and shall become void in any such cases.
11. Returns and/or exchanges will be honoured in accordance with Addition Elle's Returns and Price Adjustment Policy as indicated on the Website. On a return and/or exchange, Points will be deducted automatically from the Member's account that was used for the original purchase.
CONDITIONS FOR REWARD CERTIFICATES
12. Reward certificates must be redeemed within three (3) months of their date of issuance on a single instore purchase of Addition Elle merchandise. Reward certificates must be presented and surrendered at time of purchase. No mechanical or other reproductions will be accepted. Reward certificates may not be applied to the purchase of gift cards or to previously purchased merchandise. Addition Elle is not responsible for lost or stolen reward certificates. Reward certificates may not be redeemed for cash. Additional restrictions may apply. Reward certificates shall be issued to qualifying Members a minimum of four (4) times per year by mail. REWARD CERTIFICATES MAY NOT BE REDEEMED ON ONLINE PURCHASES.
13. Program Points and any rewards and benefits provided in connection with the Program may be subject to tax liability such as GST, PST or HST. Any tax liability, including, without limitation, disclosure connected with the receipt or use of Program Points, and any rewards and benefits provided in connection with the Program is the sole responsibility of the Member. Reitmans shall not be responsible or liable in any manner for any tax consequences which may arise from a Member's participation in the Program.
14. The Program also entitles all Members to the following benefits:
- A coupon for 15% off a Member's next in-store or online purchase when the Member completes his or her online Member profile (available at vip.additionelle.com) within seven (7) days of the Member's initial sign-up to the Program;
- The opportunity to earn points faster during “Bonus Points” events;
- Email notification of new arrivals, promotions, upcoming events, tips and information on the latest styles and fashions;
- A surprise birthday gift during the Member's birthday month;
- Eligibility to enroll in "Members Only" contests.
- Free delivery of unavailable items to the address of your choice when the item is valued at $49.99 and more (pre-tax), and provided that the item is currently available.
PLATINUM VIP STATUS AND BENEFITS
15. Members who accumulate over 750 Points within a Program Year obtain Platinum VIP status for the remaining portion of that Program Year and the subsequent Program Year. Platinum VIP status will be lost if the Member fails to accumulate 750 Points in the subsequent Program Year. In addition to the benefits described above, Platinum VIP status members also obtain the following Platinum VIP status benefits during the remaining portion of that Program Year and the subsequent Program Year:
- An additional or enhanced special birthday gift during the Member's birthday month;
- Special Platinum VIP promotional offers and giveaways such as pre-shop opportunities, invitations to exclusive shopping events and free gifts with purchases;
- Free fashion guides mailed directly to the Member's home; and
- Returns or exchanges with no receipt required.
LOTS OF STOLEN VIP CARDS
16. A Member must notify Addition Elle immediately if her/his VIP Card is lost or stolen. In the case of a lost, stolen or damaged VIP Card, all accumulated, unredeemed Points associated with the previous Account will remain intact and will be transferred to the Member's new Account. Members acknowledge and agree that Addition Elle shall not be responsible for any Point redemption made using a Member's lost or stolen VIP Card.
17. Addition Elle reserves the right, from time to time, to modify these Terms, or otherwise modify or terminate the Program (including but not limited to any reward, reward certificates, and/or other benefit offered in connection with the Program, Points thresholds, conditions of rewards.
18. In the event of any material modification to these Terms or the Program, written notice shall be provided to Addition Elle customers and Members at least thirty (30) days before such modifications come into force and will be posted in-store at all Store locations and online on the Website, and/or, at Addition Elle's sole discretion, may be sent directly to Addition Elle customers and Members by e-mail, mail or otherwise. Such notice shall provide details of the nature of the modifications being put into effect. In the event of the termination of these Terms and/or the Program, written notice shall be provided to Addition Elle customers and Members at least thirty (30) days before such termination.
19. Members may choose to cancel their membership in the Program at any time by providing written notice to Addition Elle at the address provided below. In the event that a Member cancels their Program membership, all Points awarded and accrued to that Account shall be forfeited.
20. MEMBERS ASSUME ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSSES, EXPENSES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS, COSTS, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION AND INJURIES CAUSED OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED BY PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM, OR THE USE OR MISUSE OF THE VIP CARD, REWARDS CERTIFICATES OR ANY PRIZES OR BENEFITS GRANTED PURSUANT TO THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IN CONNECTION WITH TRAVEL, IF APPLICABLE). TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MEMBERS RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE REITMANS (CANADA) LIMITED AND ITS VARIOUS DIVISIONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS ADDITION ELLE DIVISION, PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS, ADVISORS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS AND REPRESENTATIVES, FROM ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, COSTS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE FOREGOING AND THEIR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIMS BASED ON VIOLATION OF A MEMBER'S PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
21. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, ALL ASPECTS OF THE PROGRAM ARE PROVIDED BY REITMANS "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY CONDITION, REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT AND IN NO EVENT SHALL REITMANS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM. CERTAIN FEDERAL, STATE OR PROVINCIAL LAWS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO A MEMBER, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY, AND SAID MEMBER MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS SECTION, "REITMANS" SHALL INCLUDE REITMANS' RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS, MANDATARIES, ADVISORS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS AND REPRESENTATIVES.
23. Members must ensure that their contact information is accurate in order to ensure that Program information is sent to the proper address. It is each Member's sole responsibility to notify Addition Elle in writing at the address indicated below if he or she changes his or her address or other contact information. Addition Elle shall not be liable for misdirected email or mail communications, including any notices under these Terms or any consequences there of where a Member's information is inaccurate or no longer valid.
24. A Member's address or other contact information may be updated by:
In-store: At any Addition Elle store location.
In writing to: Reitmans (Canada) Limited, 250 Sauvé Street West, Montréal, Québec H3L 1Z2;
Attention: Addition Elle Customer Service.
By Phone: Customer Service, 1-855-374-6947
Through the Website: VIP.additionelle.com
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS ABOUT THE PROGRAM?
25. Please speak to our in-store representatives or contact us by phone at 1-866-388-4783 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask us or provide us with any of your questions or comments.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
27. For greater certainty, use of a VIP Card at any time after these Terms are amended shall be deemed to constitute agreement to and acceptance of such revised Terms. Notwithstanding any other section of these Terms, publication of the Terms on the Website shall be deemed notice of such terms and conditions, where notice is required or permitted to be given hereunder. The current Program Terms are set out on the Website. A Member may also ask a sales associate at any Store location for a copy.
28. Save for Program Members who reside in the Province of Québec, these Terms shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein. Save for Program Members who reside in the Province of Québec, all Members attorn to the jurisdiction of the Province of Ontario. For Program Members who reside in the Province of Québec, these Terms shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Québec and the laws of Canada applicable therein. For Program Members who reside in the Province of Québec, all Members attorn to the jurisdiction of the Province of Québec.
29. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between each Member and Addition Elle relating to the Program.
30. Any waiver by Addition Elle of the strict observance, performance or compliance by a Member with any of these Terms, either expressly granted or by course of conduct, shall be effective only in the specific instance and shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any rights or remedies of Addition Elle as a result of any other failure to observe, perform or comply with these Terms. No delay or omission by Addition Elle in exercising any right or remedy hereunder shall operate as waiver thereof or of any other right or remedy.
31. The provisions of these Terms are severable and if any provision is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, that will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms.
32. Employees of Reitmans and its Addition Elle division are ineligible for Program membership.
Updated December 9th, 2015